Sunday, April 25, 2010

Nobody Paints a Picture Like God

Does anyone not like Spring? I mean , really do you miss the snow? The ice? The artic blasts? Its especially windy here in the prairie state where our landscape is so flat. I once received a note from teachers reminding us of the "prairie winds" and to dress our kids appropriately. I felt like Ma Ingalls! Had we been transported to Little House on the Prairie days? It made me seriously feel like turning up the heat to 90 degrees in the old soddy.
Anyhow, here we are in the midst of Spring! I love the warmer temps and the sunshine. I almost forgot what it felt like. And EVERYWHERE I look it is green. And, pink. And yellow. And white. And blossomy. People have actually mowed their grass for the third time and it smells so good. Of course, freshly mowed grass is in a class all by itself second only to the aroma of all the flowers. I stand out on our deck and smell the lilacs and know this has got to be what Heaven smells like.
The only bad thing is some of the beautiful colors don't last. It really bums me out. Think if the colors stayed all summer to melt into the beauty of fall. If God had planned it that way, we would never have appreciated Spring in all its glory. Nobody paints a picture like God! His colors are in a brillant palette all their own! Vivid, those colors that can reach out and grab one like nothing else can. I try to soak it all up from my nose to my toes! Thank you God for Spring and all your many blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment