Monday, June 14, 2010

Clinging to the Vorpal Sword

Well, I'm back in blogworld. Why was I MIA? I'm trying to write a book. I have an appointment with a publisher the end of July. Yes, I am freaking out. So much so my stomach bubbles and I can't eat. I'm scared I won't get done and scared I will. Everyone out there, please pray for me.
Last week when I was at my worst in this (feeling writing was taking away from my kids and my kids were taking away from my writing) it was a seriously dark day. I cried alot and talked to my hubby alot. Then finally, I talked to God. Yes, it's always good to make Him your last resource. The next morning I can't explain the peace I felt. My day fell into place. No matter what I was doing I had no guilt and no stress. No stomach bubbles either.
The next morning the kids were watching Alice in Wonderland. The new one that is out by Tim Burton. I love this movie. It had so many great lines in it. Among millions of other great things. So, on my way to write I thought I'd watch the "big scene". As I did I was transfixed. Tears rolled down my face as I finally realized the specialness of the message at least as it pertained to me.
I am Alice. I am full of doubt and indecision. The vorpal sword is God. Absalom the caterpillar told Alice, "The vorpal sword knows what it wants. You need only to hold onto it." God knows what He wants for us. We need only to hold onto His hand. We show our trust in Him by doing so. And sometimes, when things are bad we cling to both of them.
My book is not my own personal Jabberwocky. My fears and lack of trust in what God wants me to do are. So, what am I going to do? I'm going to let go of my fears-off with their heads" so to speak and all the Enemy has chosen to throw my way. They will come tumbling down these stone steps and they will die. What kept them vital will only make me stronger in knowing God triumphs over all our fears. He will lead me back to where I belong. Even if I let go, He never will.

No comments:

Post a Comment