Saturday, September 18, 2010

God's Time

Time, time time! Do we ever have enough of it? Of course we don't. I try so hard to be organized but it still seems I am racing to keep up and get everything accomplished. There is always one more thing to do! And, time for myself is nonexistent. Dating my husband? Once a month maybe. I work really hard to factor in family time. It doesn't help either that I am a perfectionist. Because then I have guilt about what there wasn't time for!
Another time that has gone by the wayside is friend time. My friends are as busy as me so when do we find time to spend that nonexistent time together? A lunch here and there but many get cancelled not too long after they are scheduled.
God time doesn't happen every day either. I try to pray and read my Bible but sometimes it just doesn't get done. Then, one day, I was so upset about not getting everything done I cried out to God. He didn't say a lot in return but he did give me instant peace. I found so many pockets of time that day to get things accomplished I was shocked. And, I found time for myself!
The Bible tells us God views time differently than we do. A thousand years are a minute to Him and vice versa. His wisdom in all things blows my mind. Then a thought occurred to me. Maybe we don't spend our time as wisely as we should. Taking the time to pray first and then following God's directives for our time is time wisely spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment