Thursday, January 13, 2011

God's Walk

As we approach Right to Life Weekend, I'm again like everyone else, bombarded by all different aspects of the arena. No matter where our stance falls, I'm reminded of an article I read in my college's newspaper in the fall of my freshman year.
It was a feature article. The girl who wrote it was commenting on where would Jesus be if He walked the earth today? What would He be doing? Her answers got my attention. They are as follows: Jesus would be at the homeless shelters handing out blankets, (and in my opinion He'd be making sure everyone had a cot), He'd be at the soup kitchens serving food to the hungry and He'd be waiting for women coming out of the abortion clinics. I'd like to take this last comment a step further.
Jesus would also take these women in His arms and tell them He loved them and forgave them. Because that is what I believe Jesus is: forgiveness and love. I'm also reminded that judging people is God's job, not anyone else's. With so many people and such a broad spectrum of feelings on this topic, I think these three components-forgiveness, love and a non-judgemental attitude-are the final sticking points.

No comments:

Post a Comment