Tuesday, November 8, 2011

God's Blog

Have you ever wondered what God's blog might say? We basically have a "how to" book in the Bible, but what about a blog?
I think His blog would be different for every one of His children. It wouldn't be a log on type of deal like we have now for everyone to read. No group thing. It would be personable. To the point. Individually loving and kind.
Isn't this really what we get from Him when we pray? Sometimes we find our answers in the "how to" book. Sometimes, He tells us plain as day, "Here's the plan." We question this, forgetting it is His plan for us, not the other way around.
We can also forget He knows best. For those of us who remember the old fifities sitcom, "Father Knows Best", no truer words were ever spoken about our Heavenly Father.
I have at times not been told but shown the answer to my prayers. I'm very much aware that He is answering my prayers in a different manner when this occurs. And, sometimes I question the answer too much. Pick it apart, over think it, what have you. I'll even ask, "Is this really what you're telling me?"
Who has slipped into the Gideon complex? Tell me, show me and show me again. Yeah, I've done that too.
And please, don't get me started on timing. The "how to" manual tells us a thousand years is one day and one day is a thousand years to God. That doesn't really work for me. I'm a clock watcher. Date planner. Next year's calenders come out and I'm there.
I guess what we have to remember is God's personal blog to us is to be taken seriously. He's not kidding around. Not about His answers or His timing. There's a reason He shows and tells us His agenda for our lives. It's called love.

No comments:

Post a Comment