Thursday, April 1, 2010

Weight (God help me) Loss

Yesterday I went to my weekly weight loss meeting and one of the women had met her goal. When our leader asked her how she did it, she said,"Well, first of all I have to thank God for giving me the determination to stick with it!" I was pleasantly surprised to hear someone give a shout out to God in public! I wish we could all do that more (myself included.) Why do we shy away from sharing God's message or even just His name to complete strangers in public? Or friends in the privacy of our home for that matter? I once told a friend I didn't want to look like a Jesus freak. Her response? If I'm going to be a freak for someone, Jesus is the best person to be a freak over! How true!
Now, onto the weight loss. Slow goin' for me here-would love to speed that one up. I noticed on the Oscars how emaciated most of the women were looking. Wow. I mean, God made our bodies to need nourishment. Obviously not chocolate and chips nourishment. Personally, I struggle with vegetables but everything else-I'm good. And of course there's always the comment what are we teaching our daughters or what is the media putting on them to look beautiful? How about looking healthy? I lead a Young Women's group with a friend at church and we have mentioned this somewhat. I told them-Eat. God wants it that way and your bodies need food/energy/etc.!
So, on I go. Struggle with the weight loss. Struggle with witnessing about my Savior. At least I know He's right there in the struggle with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment