Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Grandparents are coming!

This weekend we look forward to my in-laws coming for a visit. It will be a fun time filled with good food, good laughter and good fun. My mom-in-law usually brings some goodies with her. We are making a trip to the local apple tree farm and may get in another game of pinochole. The last time we played was the first time for me and the kids. I took notes. Seriously. They're in a folder. Anyhow, we will have a great time.
I was extremely close to my grandparents. My dad's parents lived in the same town. I saw them pretty much every day. On date nights for my parents I'd spend the night. That was pretty much every Saturday. They were another set of parents. I was always well loved and cared for and drank up every minute of it.
My mom's parents lived three or so hours away. We saw them close to once a month. They were fun too. I'd stay with them in the summer for a week. It was awesome being so spoiled!
The memories of my grandparents are so meaningful to me. They were indeed "grand" parents. I miss them a lot. I know they are in Heaven having a great time. I'm glad God blessed me with them.
I pause sometimes and wonder what type of grandmother will I be? Hopefully no time soon but I do think about it. I guess I miss holding a baby or something. I ask God to keep me healthy so when the time does arrive I can pass on the legacy I hold so dear and was so blessed to possess.

No comments:

Post a Comment