Monday, October 4, 2010

God is God

We went to the local apple tree farm this weekend. I have to admit, I love that place! While my husband visited with his parents, I took the girls through the corn maze. I blew off the map; I mean, really how hard would it be to find our way out? Okay--really hard. Finally my claustrophobia and patience were getting to me. I could hear cars and see the road. I blazed my own trail out of there. I think it was Walt Whitman who said don't go on the well beaten road but make your own path. I'm paraphrasing but that is what I did, literally.
I think that sums up how we view God's tugging at our hearts to follow his path/plans for us than our own. We know better, don't we? We should but at times we really do think we know better than God. Sometimes, I have to admit, I give God advice. Or worse yet, I give Him multiple choice choices. Because, God needs my help. What a riot. I imagine God sitting in Heaven shaking His head at me. Then, when He does something I haven't even thought to throw His way, I'm awe struck. Wow, I think, God really does knows what He's doing.
I'm glad He's so forgiving and merciful. I'd be in quite a bind if He wasn't. I've thought many times how glad I am God is God and in charge. He really does work things out for the best. Because He is all knowing and all powerful and everywhere at once. 'Cause He's God. 'Nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment