Saturday, May 21, 2011

God's Rest

I am exhausted! This whole week has been topsy-turvey for me. Ever been there? Sure you have. We all have been. Not only physically tired but mentally as well. It isn't pretty.
My husband has been traveling again. Last full week of school Yikes, is all I can say.
And, I don't sleep as well without him here. It isn't as nice as one would think to have the bed all to themselves. Actually, it's oddly huge.
The kids have been great until the last morning. As usual on Saturday morning, my two youngest were fighting over the television. So, when they lost that privledge, a screaming fit ensued from my daughter. It was way too early for that situation.
The dragging of my person out of bed began far too early. I've decided after I clean the bathrooms, I'm taking myself out for a movie. And hopefully no one will call or text me to interrupt it. Hopefully.
I think about the difference between sleep and rest. Didn't someone say a body at rest stays at rest? When exactly does that occur?
I wonder what God did on the seventh day when He rested? It had to be awesome. He's God. Maybe He went to one of His new beaches? Or, perhaps he's more of a mountain guy?
All I know is that when I am able to truly rest and/or sleep I am grateful! God definately knew what He was doing when He created us. We do need a break to rejuvenate. A slowing of the mind and everything else. Thank you God for sleep! Now, about that siesta for today...

No comments:

Post a Comment