Wednesday, May 12, 2010

God-the ultimate party planner

As I prepare for my son's birthday in the midst of end of school activities, I am reminded of the slow, encroaching fear I will forget something really important to him! It comes from nowhere this fear, sweeping over me like a vulture taunting and laughing at me. I know it is the enemy but really he is very good at his job. I remembered this for me but forgot this for my son-what kind of a mom are you?
I could let this suck me in. Sometimes I do. Then, I remember. Make a list. Ask for some help. Oh, and pray! Then I have guilt for not thinking of God first! Yikes! Who made me a list maker? Who made me detailed oriented? Who is the best helper in the world? That would be God. Why do we so often times forget this? He is there waiting in the wings. We don't really need to ask; He knows what we need but He'd like to hear from us anyway. And, He will help us remember the little things, the big things and every thing inbetween.
Cookies and milk for class party? Check. Gifts purchased? Check. Card purchased? Check. Balloons ordered? Check. Cake picked up? Check. God as the ultimate party/life planner? Check!

1 comment:

  1. I can only imagine the lists you're now making for your trip to She Speaks! Yes, God is faithful to help us through our seasons of details. I'm in the midst of one currently; not only has the book released, but we're moving this June, thus I'm close to the edge of crazy at this point! Wish we could "Cracker-Barrel" it again. I know you're going to do great, and if I can be of any help to you, please shoot me an e-mail.

    Glad to see you're blogging. If I can help in that department, let me know as well!

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete