Sunday, June 27, 2010

A Summer Fun Thank You

I haven't written on my blog for a week because of a short summer vacation followed by a wonderful visit by family. I've written this before and I'm going to write it again...I love summer! The freedom and fun it delivers is unparalleled. I love having my kids home-yes, almost all the time! The pool, the craft projects, Bible school-it's all good!
Our vacation consisted of visiting my husband while he was on a business trip and taking the kids to a water park. I'm not always a huge water slide fan but this park was incredible. We had so much fun-minus when the water coaster almost flipped us. Okay, maybe I'm over reacting but I'm certain I felt it start to tip. The wave pool was excellent and to quote one of the kids the lazy river was lazy. I was especially proud of my middle kiddo for being brave and venturing onto several slides. Kid in question usually questions them. A very nice surprise indeed.
Then we came home to a wonderful family visit. Movies, swimming and more water slides. Sleeping in and eating really good junk food. Laughing together was the best. Learning how much their kids had changed since Christmas amazed me. Getting birthday wish lists three to five months in advance is always nice for early shopping.
When these fun times occur, I try very hard to remember how blessed we are by God. He has given us so much. Simple gifts like a shared giggle. Treasured gifts like a warm hug. Fun gifts like a huge splash in the face. Special gifts in all the memories we have made. Can you imagine God's scrapbook? We'd all be in it. Pictures and quotes and remembrances. Everyone of His children would have their own page. That would be some book!
Does anyone ever forget to thank God? I know I do. I ask for so much but thank Him for so little. I'm sure He likes a good thank you just like the rest of us. Take a little time to thank God each day for all He's given you. He'll be grateful for every one of them no matter how loud or wet or sticky they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment