Thursday, July 1, 2010

God's Favorite Past Time

While watching my son play baseball I realized how blessed we are to have coaches who are Christians. Starting a game with a devotion and prayer is something every league should do. Showing the kids that playing a game is about learning and supporting, not winning and losing. Having fun is key. I admire these parents who take time out of their busy lives to teach our children these values. What a blessing they are!
Sadly, I have been at games where coaches get discouraged and parents get frustrated. The end result isn't a good one sometimes. I don't understand this. Maybe if I was more athletic and sporty I would. I did well walking and not falling over things. Wait-any thing. Sure I'm competitive but six, seven and eight year old baseball?
As usual I think about God. The ultimate coach. He's there being supportive 24/7. He's proud of us no matter how many hits we achieve. He wants us to treat others with love. When we fail He still loves us. He always forgives us. He cheers us on when no one else does. He is great. He is good. He is our biggst fan. And we are His favorite past time.

No comments:

Post a Comment